So, we all know how much I love TV, and specifically soap operas, and specifically now Nashville, this new country music old people unrequited love fabulousness on ABC? Right?
Yeah, I’m thinking of using my small, but lovely, space here on the Internets to write about how much I love Nashville.
For example, a collection of thoughts:
1) On a personal note, Connie Britton should be my sister/cousin
2) The older daughter, who wears glasses, she’s Deacon’s
3) I am obsessed with the old man who is the Country Music Whisperer/normal human version of Clint Eastwood
4) The commodification of “art” and the process of building a brand as an artist (and the exploitation that is inherent in the music industry)
5) The performance of true love, and how heartbreaking that is to me
For real, though, I love this show. Not as much as Homeland, but a lot. Therefore I will watch it with commercials on network television.