Sometimes, all I think about is how I am “unemployed” or “underemployed” and it bums me out. It’s a drag.
But actually, I have done a lot of things in the last 9 months:
- applied for at least 70 jobs, and gone on at least 20 interviews
- started this blog, which now has almost 210 posts and 5000 views
- learned to knit, and made three scarves (one for each of my immediate family members) plus a cowl that is for me that is almost done!
- started Bikram yoga (again)
- kept running
- managed to pay my rent on time every month despite not having a consistent income
- taught myself how to make curry at home, instead of ordering out
- made 80 cold calls in one morning
- taught a workshop for individual artists
- quit working for someone who was verbally abusive to me and to others
These are all big, real accomplishments. A year ago, I was running, but I wasn’t doing much of the other stuff on this list.
Not all accomplishment are financial. Not all accomplishments come with a title. That’s okay with me.